What is happening this week? October 11-14th

Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the weather!

Math: We are beginning addition and subtraction of large numbers, including problem solving tasks. New assignments have been set in Khan Academy for you to get a head start on your learning.
Language: We are continuing with our Global Read Aloud, PAX. Please continue to read each other’s blogs and share your thoughts with well developed comments. We have a great deal of talented writers in our class. Take this opportunities to learn from each other.

(Stay tuned for our Mystery Skype Report. We will be sharing a blog post about our great day. It will be posted later this week.)

Math Test Results

I was very pleased with the overall results of our first Unit Test. The 4 goals are clearly laid out on the rubric.

Students with level 3 or 4 are progressing at grade level. You can continue to build your math proficiency by working through the assignments in Khan Academy and working on the links provided.

If you see level 2, which indicates “approaching grade level”, I recommend you continue to practice these goals. I am willing to reassess you on these goals, if you have continued to practice. Simply complete this form, letting me know what you’ve done to improve and strengthen your skills, and which goal you’d like to have reassessed. Strengthening these concepts are very important to improving your math abilities going forward.

Reassessment Request

If you see Level 1 on any goals, I will continue to work with you, in class. You are encourage to continue to practice at home by watching some Khan Academy videos and working through assignments. Together, we will work to build up your math understanding.

Don’t forget to have the Math Tests signed and return the red duo-tang to school by Friday.

This week:

Thursday – News Show 1pm

Have a great week everyone!